If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (770) 396-3883

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Frequently Asked Questions About Mold

5/23/2019 (Permalink)

Mold from moisture in a Mount Vernon, GA home

A patchy, slimy growth on your wall may be an indication that you have black mold. Just because you can't see mold, though, that doesn't mean it's not present. It can grow anywhere in your home where there is excess moisture. Learning the facts about mold is a step toward preventing it from becoming a problem.

How Does Mold Get in the House?

It is impossible to remove all the mold from your home. Spores get tracked in many ways:

  • Clothing
  • Shoes
  • Bags
  • Hair
  • Pets

Once the spores enter your home in Mount Vernon, GA, they are in the air. They typically stay there unless they have a reason to land and grow.

What Causes Mold Growth?

Mold loves moisture, and excess moisture can lead to mold damage. All fungus needs to thrive is moisture and organic matter to eat. Black mold can grow rapidly in any place those two conditions exist. If you have a leak or excess humidity that goes unchecked, you may find yourself needing mold cleanup.

How Do You Prevent Mold Growth?

After the cleanup, you can take steps to prevent future mold growth. Inspect your home for water damage on a regular basis, and have it mitigated as soon as you find a problem. Look for leaks or condensation on pipes. Mold remediation experts recommend keeping the humidity level in your home between 30-60 percent by having proper ventilation throughout the house, particularly in the kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms. You can also use a dehumidifier, particularly when the weather outside is especially humid. If you rob mold spores of moisture, you can discourage growth.

The presence of mold spores in your home are inevitable, but black mold growth is both treatable and preventable. Professional remediation can resolve the problem, and keeping a close watch on the moisture levels in your home, particularly in areas that use the most water, can keep it from coming back.

Other News

View Recent Posts